A LAN is a computer network which is used to connect computers within a limited area .
1. Go to control panel,
2. Then click on View Network status And Task.
3. Now, click on Change Adapter setting .
4. Now Right click on Local Area Network.
5. Now, click on Properties.
6. Now, a pop up menu will appear, then click on Internet Protocol 4 ( TCP/IPv4) > Properties.
7. Now, again a pop up menu will appear, then select Use the following IP Address then Enter the IP address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, Preferred Dns server and Alternative DNS server which is provided by your broadband company. And then click OK. done