When we talk about browsing experience, then Opera Mini beat the UC browser due to the high speed and page quality. But sometimes Opera Mini fails to download a file at the final moment or almost at 70% until we got this annoying Pop-up saying "download failed". And, this exception irritates us when we have only limited internet data plan.
Related: How to resume broken download links in UC browser?
How to Resume Interrupted or Stopped download links in Opera Mini on Android1. First of all, try to download a large files(more than 10 MB) like movies or software or wait it to fail it. And don't click on Retry.
2. Now, Launch ES file explorer or any other explorer and then Navigate to the location of the interrupted file (where Opera mini stores the downloadable files). And then Rename the file whatever you like.
For example, The file (name Game.zip) which is interrupted should be renamed as errorGame.zip
3. Now, go again to Opera mini and then click on Retry. And, then wait until it shows 0.1 MB downloaded.
4. Now Pause the download.
5. Now, again launch ES file explorer and navigate to the path of download files (step 2). And, there you will see two files. First one which you have renamed as errorGame.zip and second one as Game.zip
6. Now, again rename the Original file i.e. errorGame.zip to Game.zip.
Note: When you try to rename the file, your file explorer may ask for Move or replace the file. Then do it as usual.
7. Now again, go back to Opera Mini and then resume the downloadable file as usual. You will see that your downloadable file again started from there where it was failed. That's it.
Note: The above tricks also work on Java enabled phone but only when your phone have multi-tasking function. Otherwise, you can try the below method.
How to Fix failed download in Opera Mini on Java or Symbian PhoneWhen opera mini failed to download file on Java or Symbian enabled phone, then you will have only one option is to retry the file.
1. First of all, press 'Restart' on the file that is interrupted.
2. Now, a pop-up message will appear for asking whether you want to allow the application to edit the data. Then select 'No'.
3. Now, a pop-up message will appear two times simultaneously. So, at this time choose 'Yes' twice.
4. Now, your broken download will resume. That's it.
Also read: How to increase download speed of Opera Mini