DNS represents Domain Name Server which translates an alphabetical website address into the numeric IP (Internet Protocol). This not only helps you to bypass the unblocked site but also boost the internet speed of your computer by providing a secure or an encrypted protocol.
If you are using a lower version of Android (lower than 5.0), then you can easily change the DNS by going to advanced settings of WIFI. But, this option is not available in Android lollipop devices.
If you have a rooted device, then there are some advanced tweaks available which you can find on XDA developer forum. But in this guide we use non-rooted method to change DNS setting of any Android phones,
How to change DNS server of any Android device without root
1. First of all, Download and install, Engelsiz : DNS Changer.
2. Then launch the application as usual.
3. Now, on the App dashboard you will find an option of ‘Apply‘. Just tap on it. And wait until the device gets connected. See the below picture.
5. And now scroll down until you find the below DNS server address. And then select both the address.
6. Now,a pop-up window will appear.then tap on OK. That’s it.
Best Free And Public DNS Servers List
|DNS Server Name||Preferred DNS||Alternative DNS|
Every DNS server has its advantage and disadvantage. I always prefer to use a secure server like Google DNS which provides a faster connection. When it’s about to the online privacy then I don’t rely upon any third party servers which are unknown.
If you like to go through to the root-method for advanced settings, then you need to root your android device, then follow the below instruction to root your device without computer.