|Free Skype banner ad remover|
Skype is a free calling application provides audio and video calling, sending text message, WiFi hotspot access, screen sharing, leave video and voice message. S2S (Skype to Skype) calling is free but if you want to make call to a mobile or landline number then you have to pay small bucks. Skype display banner advertising on the sidebar of the app for covering their expenses.
Remove Skype Banner Advertisements On Windows 7, 8 and 10 Computer
1. First of all, close/quit the Skype if it already launched or opened.
2. Now, Right click on ‘Notepad’ and Select ‘Run as Administrator’.
3. Now on Notepad, click on File > Open.
|Remove skype ads|
4. Then, Navigate to C drive > Windows > System32 > drivers > etc > hosts. or simply on your window explorer address bar enter this C:WindowsSystem32driversetc and hit Enter.
5. Now, open the hosts file.
6. Now, at the bottom of the hosts file Copy and paste the below address and save the changes or simply press [CTRL + S].
7. Now, almost done. Close all open windows.
8. And, launch Skype again.
Disable Microsoft Targeted Ads
1. First launch Skype [If you not already opened].
2. Now, Navigate to Tools > Privacy settings.
3. And now, Untick the Microsoft targeted ads. That’s it.