Loading speed is one of the core factors for a website to rank on the google search. Bloggers often use a dedicated server (or a Content Delivey Network
) to reduce bandwidth consumption to save cost, but at the same time, they also need to ensure that images
do not lose their quality while reducing the size of the pictures.
You often find that whenever you try to resize the image either to make the pictures enlarger or smaller, your images looks unprofessional or blurry. It will not only make your presentation too clumsy but also make your project not understandable.
So in this tutorial, I will show you four step by step guide to reduce the size of the pictures without losing quality;
Photoshop – Reduce Image Size Without Losing Quality
1. First of all, Open image in Photoshop.
2. Next, select Image > Image size (Located at the left hand side upper corner).
3. Now, select Width, Height as per your choice. And then in the pixel dimensions setting, select Bicubic sharper (reduction). As shown in the below picture.
4. And, now hit on ok. That’s it.
How to use Microsoft paint to compress image size up to 10 kb?
Photoshop is always the first preference to reduce the image up to the maximum size. But if you are not familiar with Photoshop or you do not have Photoshop installed then you can still shrink images up to 10 KB using Microsoft Paint.
1. First of all, Open image in Paint.
2. Then select resize (located at the left-hand side upper corner).
3. Now you can adjust the width (Horizontal), height (vertical). And don’t forget to tick on ‘Maintain aspect ratio.’ As shown in the below picture,
4. That’s it.
I always prefer to use online compressor tool to resize pictures because their algorithm always adjusts the images as much as possible without losing the image’s quality. I don’t need to install any software like Photoshop, Gimp or any tools. Just go to online and simply upload the picture and their web app automatically resize the image in the best manner.
Best online websites to compress images
In my opinion, online tool is the best way to reduce picture sizes because here I no need to install any desktop applications on my computer.They provide more options rather than a few options which we find in the applications.