Tally is one of the prominent software, which is designed to make business accounting or bookkeeping, of business that fits the needs of thousands of small and medium type of activity over the globe. One of the best features of this software is that we can work remotely. With continuous updates, this software provides a flexible platform to manage the entire accounting work.
As Tally, which is one of the leading accounting software in India provides excellent features to protect data from getting corrupted. But some of the fault with user side, data still get corrupted due to the following reasons,
1. Virus contamination,
2. Accidental deletion of files,
3. Power failure or power goes off, and UPS is unable to give you backup,
4. Unexpected system shutdown,
5. Hard drive crashes,
6. Media corruption.
Usually, when the data of Tally get corrupted then the user gets the following pop up error message,
How to recover damaged corrupted data of Tally?
If you are receiving errors like above then there is 75% chances of recovering your data loosing only last few transaction entries. For recovering from such option, tally provides an essay company rewriting option, which checks data files for valid entries and recreates the company profile with all the valid data it can recover.
Note: Back up all your corrupted data before applying this solution.
1. Start Tally and navigate to Company Selection Screen.
2. Now use Ctrl + Alt + R key combination to launch the Company Rewrite utility.
3. Select the company profile (which is corrupted) and press Enter to start the rewrite process.
4. This method solves 75% cases of tally data corruption.